“How to lose weight fast.” Did you just type this into Google? What other large feats are you trying to accomplish within the next 48 hours?
First of all, anything that is going to change your life is going to take time. Now hold on a second, don’t click away.
I don’t want to lose you.
I would do anything to be able to snap my fingers and make you the happiest person in the world overnight. As a matter of fact, your joy means more to me than you’ll ever know. With this in mind, I would like to share some very important information that could change your life forever.
Sit back. Take a deep breath. Also, believe that everything is going to work out for you. I believe in you no matter who you are, what you’ve gone through and how many times you’ve doubted yourself.
Here we go.
Here’s the truth.
No one can lose weight “fast.” So, you’re not alone.
Surprisingly, millions of people are on this journey with you and you just so happened to take action today which led you to stumble upon the secret to your success.
Repeat after me: “Finally. This is it. I’m on my way.”
Losing weight “FAST” isn’t a factual concept. It’s biologically impossible.
Why? Because your definition of “FAST” is another way of saying, “by tomorrow,” “by next week,” “by next month.” Similarly, when you say “lose weight,” what you are most likely referring to are the 20+ pounds you’ve been unhappy about for years on end. Of course, this weight doesn’t just fall off…
ESPECIALLY if it doesn’t let go of the ONE thing that is giving it life:
Chances are, this weight has not followed you around because of a physical condition that you suffer from. (Yes, there are those of you who struggle with weight loss due to medical reasons and some of this information might help you as well).
In fact, the condition that you most likely suffer from is mental and emotional.
Furthermore, that extra weight is a direct result of your negative, anxious, depressed, obsessive, bullying self-talk and emotions.
So, how many times have you tried to diet or sworn off sugar, booze, bread, those little donuts they have every Monday morning at your staff meeting?
UGH Carol. What a b*tch. She KNOWS I’m on a diet! Oh, I’ll have a jelly, please. Noooooo why did I eat that? Oh, there are so many donuts left. What a waste. I’ll just bring them home for the kids. Wow, this traffic is awful. I’m bored. Ok, I’ll just have ONE. What the heck, one more won’t hurt. You know what? Screw it. I gave an amazing presentation today. I deserve another one. But I’m so hungry and I can’t just let myself STARVE here on the highway! *Eats rest of box* *Cries self to sleep.*
Sound familiar? Do you see what your mind does to you? What a jerk!
Sooner or later, something HAS to give.
So, the first step on your weight loss journey is to understand why this happens and how to stop it.
WHYYYYY? Why is my stupid, annoying mind not letting me lose weight?
First of all, you ain’t conscious.
You built a brick wall around your consciousness. Therefore, you take part in a behavior you immediately regret.
As a result, you’re not fully present, awake, or aware. For instance, in those moments where the FREE ice cream sundae is literally plopped right in front of you with a big, slimy, nasty cherry on top, you take your conscious mind, dig a grave for it, and bury it alive.
All of a sudden, you’re unhappy about your weight AND you’re a murderer?
Relax. The majority of people in this country suffer from this.
However, YOU don’t have to.
1. Stop setting yourself up for immediate failure by seeking instant results and gratification in regard to a thing that biologically just cannot happen as “FAST” as you’d like.
2. Dig deep and discover your WHY? Why do you want to lose this weight? Think long and hard. Also, write these reasons down. For example, is it your overall health, to set a good example for your kids, to get your diabetes under control, to feel good in your clothes, to feel more confident, etc? Also, your WHY absolutely and 100% needs to be intrinsic. In other words, if you’re trying to lose weight to please anyone other than yourself, it ain’t gonna happen.
3. TRUST. KNOW. And BELIEVE that this goal of yours is absolutely and highly achievable and if you set your mind to it and fully accept that, YOU WILL DO IT. Isn’t that amazing?
Just 3 more… you’re almost there…
4. Accept and understand that this goal is going to take HARD WORK and DETERMINATION on your part. It’s watching everyone else eat the donuts on Monday morning with a huge smile on your face and inside your soul because in that moment YOU ARE KICKING ASS. It’s going about the rest of your day making equally important decisions and being damn proud of yourself when you do.
5. Decide and commit to being conscious and mindful. So, before you grab that sugary cereal out of your cabinet after dinner “because you just need a little treat,” STOP. Count to ten. Remember your WHY. Ask yourself if your ideal, future self would eat this. Think about how that one bad decision can result in you spiraling out of control and eating every ounce of sugar in your cabinet before bed.
6. Above all, love. Love yourself for who you are. That amazing, special, talented being inside that body you’re unhappy about is waiting to spread even more of its light. In fact, once you gain control and choose to live a more conscious life, you will blossom into someone you never even knew you could be. Don’t be afraid to become this person. She’s absolutely incredible.
Also, if you’re in real need of some serious coaching right now, consider checking out The Body You Deserve.
As always, do some conscious research on any and all diets or programs you are about to pursue.
In short, have faith in yourself. Give yourself a hug. Begin your conscious journey. You’ll never regret it.